According to the Rocky Mountain Insurance Information Association (RMIIA), hailstorms have caused more than $25 million in insurance damage across Colorado in the last 10 years alone—and the 10 most costly storms all took place in the Denver metro area.
What does that mean for you as a local homeowner?
It means that you’re probably paying high premiums for hail-related insurance—so when a storm hits, you deserve to receive the full coverage to which you’re entitled. And Trek Contracting is here to help! An expert roofing company with 55+ years of combined experience, we specialize in the inspection, documentation, and management of Denver insurance claims, including:
- Hail Damage
- Wind Damage
How to Prepare for Hail or Wind Damage Insurance Claims
Whether you own a home or commercial property in Denver, wind damage to roof installations shouldn’t be ignored for long. Just like hail damage, wind damage is often covered by insurance—and for both types of damage, it’s important to take immediate steps to protect yourself!
To simplify your Denver insurance claims process, you should always:
1. Contact a roofer first. It’s important to reach out to a qualified local roofer like Trek Contracting first, in order to confirm that you have sufficient grounds to file an insurance claim.
2. Schedule a free roof inspection. We’ll send a HAAG-certified roof inspector to examine your roof for signs of damage and take all necessary photo documentation.
3. Meet your insurance adjuster together. One of our Denver roofing experts will accompany you during your insurance claims adjustment to help you advocate for the most comprehensive coverage.
Common Signs of Denver Hail Damage
Here are a few common signs that you may need Denver hail damage repair:
- Shingle bruises or indentations in a spot pattern
- Round divots on shingle edges
- Missing shingle granules in distinct round shapes
- Dents on roof vents, gutters, or cars
- Broken or cracked skylights
- Cracks on wood shingles or clay/slate tiles
Common Signs of Denver Wind Damage
High winds often cause problems with roofing that include:
- Missing shingles
- Curling shingles
- Worn-off granules where the shingles meet
- Creased or bent shingles
- Exposed underlayment
Ready to File Denver Insurance Claims? Start with a Free Roof Inspection Now
If you’ve experienced any kind of hail or wind event, it’s always safest to schedule a roof inspection to make sure that your Denver insurance claims are filed in a timely manner. So reach out to Trek Contracting today!
We not only provide HAAG-certified roof inspections, but we have a team of expert roofers certified by Owens Corning and CertainTeed. We’d be happy to provide a detailed quote at your convenience—just call or fill out our online form now.